Monday, September 9, 2013

Elided Ruiz-Uriostegui

Ellie is baptized!! :D The fruits of the labor come forth and they are sweet to the taste. Ellie's baptism went super well. We made sure to get there very early to get the font filling up, and to write the talks we would be giving haha. She is so happy and so much more confident. Her confirmation went super well the next day as well. Dean's family is amazing, and supported them very well. It so happens that elder Sullivan and I also gave talks the day of her confirmation! So she got to hear a lot from us. That was my first talk in spanish, and I hope it went well! But I am very grateful for the preparation that I had in school to prepare myself for spanish. I am definitely working on the comprehension of some very difficult people, but i feel very comfortable with conversing with people now. Though, I still have a long way to go with it.

Other than Ellie's baptism we had a slower week, but still a great one. We are continuing to find more elect people, who will be getting baptized in the future. Once again, I know that this is because of the member work that is happening here.

I don't have a whole lot of time today, but I would like to share a thought real quick. It comes from Elder Scott in the October 2011 conference, but I can't remember word for word. But the thought is that our character does not grow because of hard trials. Rather, our faith beforehand on correct principles and doctrine builds our character, which then carries us through our trials. We must always be acting on correct principles of faith and obedience so we can be prepared for the trials of life.
I know that this church is true. I know that the prophets have been called of God. They hold the authority and power of God.

Thank you all so much for your love and prayers! I love you all a ton!
Elder Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment