Monday, February 17, 2014

Country!

Hey y'all! I am a true southerner out here 'n Henderson! Henderson has only been open for two transfers to the Spanish work, so we are working with two active Spanish members! The Henderson Ward is great! Elder Sullivan, my trainer, just finished being here in this area after training Elder Swinney. So I am with my "brother" in the mission! Elder Sullivan went Zone leader in Raleigh. That's basically our Spanish Assistant to the President spot haha.

I have to say that being in Henderson is going to be sooo much different than Cary. I have such a hard time communicating in English! Not to mention the new language of southern I have to learn haha. The drive up to Henderson with Brother Owens was one of the hardest conversations I have ever had.

I really have not gotten to know a whole lot about this area yet, but one thing that I really have been able to learn, is that we are all children of God. It is incredible to me how the exact same love that I have felt in Cary, is exactly how I feel right now with those we are teaching. It can only grow from here, and I cannot imagine where it will be after two years!
I know that missionary work is the work of the Lord. I have come to truly love it. I feel like the attitude of Alma is beginning to settle in, "And now it came to pass that the sons of Alma did go forth among the people, to declare the word unto them. And Alma, also, himself, could not rest, and he also went forth." We get so stuffed up in the apartment! There is nothing better than to get out and go talk to people!

I love y'all so much and I hope that you have a great week!
Élder Johnson


 

No comments:

Post a Comment