Monday, February 10, 2014

Tomorrow I get transferred

Tomorrow I get transferred, so next week I will get yall my new address. In the mean time you can just send stuff to the office and they will get it to me.

Transfers are so weird! I feel so strange! I have been here for so long now! And honestly I am soooo excited to move on! Cary has been sooo amazing! But I personally cannot grow without change! It is so important! It gives you the opportunity to create new and refined goals, and I am super excited to be able to work towards them! There are sooo many attributes of Christ and a consecrated missionary that I can still improve. And will always be able to improve haha.

This last week was super good. We were able to finish off strong and have some good lessons to be able to make progression with our investigators. I am super sad to not get to keep working with them, but the thing is, is that I do! :D I can still support them through Facebook and help them to resolve their doubts. It won't be the main focus, but it is so amazing that it is possible. The nets are being strengthened!

One miracle that we saw this week came most definitely through the lord's plan. A while back Elder Sullivan and I had an amazing lesson with a referral from a member. But then she started to work two jobs with only one hour of break in between the two, and during that time she slept. We had to discontinue her because there wasn't any time. She just had an accident at work however that took her out of work for a week. Our member informed us and we stopped by to see how she was doing! We had a super great lesson and she accepted baptism! The spirit was so strong! The Lord knows that she is ready and has put her into a situation to hear, and act. She lost the second job sadly, but gratefully at the same time. :D It truly was a blessing to her, and we hope to be able to bring the spirit to her to testify!

This last week I have been studying hard to prepare myself to be transferred to a new area. And I have learned some amazing things about our purpose as missionaries and followers of the Gospel of Christ. He taught not by chastising him, but by giving him the responsibility to teach by example where to find Christ and rest.

Alma 37:33-34
"Preach unto them repentance, and faith on the Lord Jesus Christ; teach them to humble themselves and to be meek and lowly in heart; teach them to withstand every temptation of the devil, with their faith on the Lord Jesus Christ."

"Teach them to never be weary of good works, but to be meek and lowly in heart; for such shall find rest to their souls."

I love the scriptures! I bare firm testimony that The Book of Mormon changes people's lives. I can guarantee you that without the strength from The Book of Mormon we will not be able to find rest in our lives sufficient to enjoy the peace of God. We will not be prepared to accept the spirit into our lives. We will not be prepared to learn what the Lord is trying to teach us through the different trials we go through.

I love yall so much! Espero que tengan una semana excelentísimo y que se aferren al Libro de Mormón!

Con mucho cariño,
Élder Johnson

Me, Elder Tingey, President Mortensen, Elder Graham, Elder Coca
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment