Monday, September 8, 2014

¡Despedidos!

My last week here in Henderson! Woah! I've been here for so long and sometimes I forget that we even get moved around as Missionaries! But it's always good to have a bit of change. It really gives you an opportunity to step up your dedication. Start fresh. And that's what I am really excited to do this coming week!

Probably the weirdest part about this past week though is the fact that I have been doing specific studies for a meeting that I have never lead before! And I have no idea who is going to be there! Now isn't that like trying to plan a lesson for an investigator you have never met at all. But I am super excited! 

This last week in Henderson we've had a great week. We have taught Marisol several times, and due to simple coordination with the ward and the members the baptism will actually be on the 27th. We're bummed to have to push it back so much, but it's alright. Jorge's date is for the 27th as well, so we're hoping for a great day that day! The amazing thing about this week was that we were able to teach Marisol in a members home! Marisol really clicked with a member that is here from Chile for a year teaching spanish at an elementary school. Her name is Rosa. They are really great friends now! On sundaythey both made dinner for the Elders and then we had a lesson afterwards. It was fantastic! The weird thing is that Rosa lives in the same complex that we do, so we didn't have to go far. 

We had another great lesson with Eloi and Minerva this week that made me super sad to leave! They are so great! But we'll see in a few months how they are doing. 
So I don't have my planner from last transfer with me right now so I can't remember anything else that we did! Basically we have been busy preparing the apartment and the areabook and whatever else needed for the next companion to be here and to know how to get around. I've been driving here for seven months, so I don't really have a problem going places. But without a GPS, boy is it difficult to get around. Thank goodness that I got one off of a dead missionary! :D (Missionary jargon)

One thing that I have been learning a lot about this last week is how real the Gospel is. It is simple. And it is how we must live our life. Alma the younger in Alma 5 begins to preach to both the church and the nonmembers. This is because the church has begun to get prideful and have begun to forget the Lord. He begins by referring to his father Alma the older and how he established the church by his faith on the words of Abinadi. They later are put into bondage and then he states that the Lord frees them by his word. He tells them that they were surrounded by an everlasting destruction, yet they were not destroyed. That is what the gospel is about. Literally saving us from our carnal nature to become as our heavenly father.

Verse 13 says, "And behold, he preached the word unto your fathers, and a mighty change was also wrought in their hearts, and they humbled themselves and put their trust in the true and living God. And behold, they were faithful until the end; therefore they were saved."

The gospel is truly about putting our trust and faith in the Lord Jesus Christ. Through him, all things are possible, and we can have a perfect brightness of hope!

I love yall so much! Fill your life with the light of the Gospel! The light's already on, you just have to open the shutters!
Con cariño,
Elder Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment