Monday, September 29, 2014

Milagros!

This was a great week! This week Elder Foote and I have been working really hard to try to find new investigators since we have just a few, and they aren't progressing very fast. And while I was on exchanges in Hampstead Elder Foote found 5 new investigators! :D We have some great potential for this upcoming week and we are looking forward to teaching people about the Gospel!

This week I had a meeting as well with the leadership in the mission. It was a 200 mile round trip! So we ended up doing a lot of sitting. But the meeting was great! I am soo grateful for the leadership that we have in the mission. I was privileged to instruct at the meeting with Elder Tingey about "finding nets" or in other words methods of finding, and using them effectively. Boy was I nervous and I felt like I was the least of them to teach it, but it went well! I have come to love the missionaries here in the NCRM. They are the greatest. 

I have come to realize that what people say about the south is generally true. It really does move at a slower pace. And things really don't change very quickly. And it definitely smells of animals. Pigs and chickens all the time!
The culture is different but the gospel still applies to them. It is amazing! We all go through the same process of life and needing the Lord. I am so grateful for the Gospel and that we can become different people because of it. A peculiar people, and a joyful people. 

One of the highlights that we have here in Wallace is Bill Buckley. He is 92 and one of my favorite persons ever. He is a slow going investigator, and eventually we may have to discontinue him, but he is one of our greatest joys. To him we are his grandsons. And he is one of the funniest people I've met! 

I am so grateful for the tender mercies of the Lord that he sends us each day and each week.

I hope that yall have an amazing week!

Elder Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment