Monday, March 9, 2015

Las Mañanitas

Hey there all y'all!! I guess when you're in a Spanish area that not many people actually say that. It was super common to here it back in Wallace. But nonetheless! Saludos from Raleigh!!

This has been an absolutely fantastic week! The best part about it is that we reset  baptismal date for Nelson and Caridad from the 14th to the 28th, and they came to church! Wahoo!!! Best birthday present ever! And what's greater is that we get to teach them from now until then! :D They are super great people. And super funny! Honestly I feel like hispanics in general just have a great sense of humor.

So Elder Teeples had his birthday on February 28th, but so far he has had at least 3 parties for it. And at each of them they sang Las Mañanitas! And then just yesterday Elder Niko had his birthday as well! I remember Marci sending me the lyrics to the song but I had never heard the song until this last week. It's great! Now I just need to see if I can't find the lyrics again! :D

The other people that we are working with right now are, Eleuterio (Baptismal date for the 28th of March), Ana and Felipe (awesome cuban and columbian family), Amilcar and Julisa, and probably other names that I just can't remember right now. I promise they're important to me and that we work with them. That just has no influence on whether or not my mind will allow me to remember their names on the spot. :D

I love this area! I love the people here in North Carolina! And most of all I really do love the Savior Jesus Christ! I have been so grateful these last few months of my mission to gain such a greater love for the Savior and an excitement to share my testimony of Him and His Atonement.
Last night I was reading in Colossians 3, and I highly suggest reading it. 
Some verses I loved say, "And whatsoever ye do, do it heartily, as to the Lord, and not unto men; knowing that of the Lord ye shall receive the reward of the inheritance: for ye serve the Lord Christ.

I know that Christ is our Savior and our Master! I am so grateful for Him and I love Him!

I hope yall have a great week! I send y'all my love and prayers!

Élder Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment