Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Two weeks down!

Well two weeks have flown by! And I only have a little more than 3 1/2 weeks left! Oh that feels good! The MTC is amazing! And there are so many missionaries here! Though my companion and I have a six person room to ourselves, as well as the room next to us. And there are still six empty rooms in a hall. So it also feels really empty! Probably the most exciting thing about the MTC right now is that we are going to be here when the 1st presidency and the whole quorum of the twelve will be here!!! We get to sing to the prophet!!!! There is going to be about a 2500 person choir made up of 1300 missionaries and 1200 members. I am so excited!! So watch for me and my district! I'll be sitting next to elder Glazier because I'm doing tenor and Elder Padilla is doing Bass. So yeah. Watch! But most of all, listen to the coolest broadcast that there ever will have been! The MTC is shutting down, like everything is changing really soon for a little while, because the prophet and several of the twelve will be here teaching the new mission presidents. It is so crazy! Our schedule on sunday is so wacked out!

Well. Thank you so much Andre and all ya'll for the sweet package! I'll tell you all more specifically, but thanks! If you could all send me your addresses, that would make the letter process so much easier.

So this week went so much faster than last week. Everyone getting ready to go to the MTC, it is so amazing! Just work like you do, and let the lord direct you how he will. He may completely change your view of what is important. I know that he has changed me and how I work. The MTC is a refining fire for us to become the kind of missionary God wills.

Well I really don't know what else to say! I love every single one of you! I definitely feel the support that comes from your prayers. We all pray for you (our families) every day as well! We love you so much! Brother Doman, Annie Doman's Dad, is a councilor in my branch, and one thing he and his wife talk about every time is how sacred the role of being a father is. And how sacred this time is as a missionary to turn your might, mind, and strength to the lord. Missions create fathers who will listen to the spirit and to their children. Brother Steven C. Gay in the devotional on tuesday in the marriot center (2nd time in the world! 1st time was last week if I failed to mention that..:D) talked about how our first responsibility is to listen to the spirit, and then it is to listen to our investigators. That is such a true principle. I saw it in the temple this morning as well. I can't wait for the time to spend with the people in North Carolina. I love them!

I know this church is true! I know that this is the lord's work, NOT mine. My work is to do His work. I love chapter 6 in PMG. That is the model for our lives. I know that we can receive strength daily from the atonement of Jesus Christ. He is our savior and he is our brother. Our father in heaven is there for us. I cannot wait for the time I can be greeted into his kingdom. I know that I will know him when I see him. I love you all!

Elder Johnson

---
Some picture of the missionaries in my district...

Elders Glazier, Padilla, Kenely (on the way to the temple)

 Hermanas Hendry, Malmrose, Wright, Cardon, Tui'one

 Elder Padilla and I

No comments:

Post a Comment