Tuesday, August 27, 2013

1st transfer gone

Well it is super hard to believe it, but it has already been a full transfer. I am amazed when I look back at coming out to Cary and how little I knew, and how few people I knew. I was really nervous that I wouldn't make very good relationships with the members for a long time, because of the language block. For a long time I guess, that was true. It is amazing how through the power of the priesthood and priesthood blessings great things can come to pass. People who used to be impossible to talk to and to understand, are some of my favorite people in the world. I have so many friends here in Cary now! My favorite people however are my investigators. Ellie and her husband Dean are awesome!

The other cary spanish elders just had a baptism on the 24th, and Ellie came to it. When we met with her afterwards she said she knows that that is what she has to do. Still no firm date yet, but she is sooo ready. We have a super fun time with them. And we can't wait to see her in the font (we're saying she'll get baptized the 7th or the 14th).

Gricelda and her kids Mia and Oscar (12, 6) are my favorite. And you can't forget their fellowshipper Alejandrina. They are some of the funniest people I've met! The greatest thing is Gricelda wants to move to Utah after watching mobsters and mormons, and already talks about Oscar serving a mission! Truly they are some of our best friends.

Well that is really what I wanted to talk about. How friendly the gospel is. The gospel is the strongest bond you can have with someone. That does not mean that they have to be a member though. But because we know who we are as children of God, we know how important they are. And we love them. I am so grateful for that :)

So here we go, into the second transfer. The middle of my mission :) I am super excited.
Oh and real quick, one of my favorite scriptures that I just read. 3 Ne 19. I love our savior :) his words are so comforting.

Have an absolutely wonderful week! :)

Elder Johnson

P.S. We finally got soaked in the rain :)




No comments:

Post a Comment