Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Apresurar la obra!

Hastening the work!

I don't know how much you have been using this website yet, but it is awesome! You could simply use it as a way to watch more videos about good stuff, OR, you could actually use it! The information is all there for what we need to be doing to hasten the work. But the thing that needs to happen, is we need to do it. Simply do it. We aren't going to be guided in all things, so we may have to get a little bit creative. Why not start by getting a little bit creative with how we can share the gospel. Elder Sullivan and I taught priesthood yesterday, and we talked about the talk catch the wave. I don't know about you, but when I get back from my mission, I want to be best friends with the ward mission leader. The work is so amazing! Join in everyone! I am so grateful for the opportunity that I have right now to serve for two years in such a wonderful place. Something big is coming (bro taggart...).

The work here is definitely hastening. As far as I know there has only been one baptism this year in our branch. But, we hope that by the end of this month that there will be around 6 more! And I know that we can do it. It is super disappointing when your investigator doesn't make it to church and you have to postpone things, but when they make the change, they make the change. Our job is to help them be converted at that point. It is so amazing to see the people being converted to the lord.
This week ended up being a really great week. We were able to find some great exchanges with members to teach some great lessons. A new investigator that we have is Myra. Sadly I was on exchanges with Elder Young so I wasn't there, but they set a baptismal date with her on the first lesson. She has been reading in the Book of Mormon and seems pretty solid right now. I am super excited to teach her this week! We'll see how it goes! We're going to have some awkward talks however haha, seeing that she's a 20 yr old girl in school... There will definitely be changes in her life. But she seems so open to it. I am so excited!

One thing that I have noticed is that the youth are so receptive to the message we have. All the Hispanics believe in God just about, and love to talk about him. Their youth are the same. The difference is that the youth recognize that there's something missing with what their parents are teaching them. They are open to asking questions about their own beliefs. I love love love the youth. I know that they are key to success in families. Through the youth we will touch the lives of the parents.

Oh funny story real quick! So basically it's pretty hard to understand people's names. I'm picking up on it, but it's just hard haha. So one of our investigators that we already had when I came is named Maria. Or so we thought. She is the sister of Hermano Regulez, and we were talking to him about his sister Maria, and he got really really confused. Turns out her name is Magdalena! And her son Jesus has been wondering every time that we come over why we call her Maria, and she just shrugs haha! The people are so weird! But I love them so much!

Something just came to my mind. As we pray for the hearts of the people and nations to be opened, I think that it is just as equally important to be praying for the areas of the missionaries. Pray for the church in those areas. Pray that they may take strength and grow in their organization. Pray for the ward mission leaders. They have one of the most important callings I would say. It is through the love and strength of the members that the church will grow.

I know that this gospel is true. I know that as we love one another, we will want to do all we can to help them receive the blessings of the gospel. I love you all so much and I am so thankful for the support that you all give me through your prayers. I have a testimony of prayer and of fasting. Through such God works miracles.

Les quiero mucho!
Elder Johnson

Picture of Elder Young and I after doing a 20 mile plus bike ride! :D

 
And gorgeous North Carolina :)
 
 
Raleigh Temple!



Oh yeah, and I am pretty sure that I've gained 15 lbs...

No comments:

Post a Comment