Sunday, July 14, 2013

El campo blanco está ya para la siega!

Well, I am headed off for the field this Monday!! My flight is at 7:30 in the morning and I have to report to the travel office at the MTC at 3:30 in the morning! I am so excited to go! We have 14 missionaries leaving this Monday from our zone! It is such an exciting time! I am so excited to get out into the field and to start the 12 week training program and to learn from my trainer. We have learned AWESOME stuff here at the MTC, but it is definitely time to leave! I am so excited to go speak with the natives who live in North Carolina. Elder Padilla and I jump at any chance we get to speak with natives here at the MTC. It is so much fun!

This morning our district had the chance to clean the temple. That was pretty cool. We were able to clean half of the endowment rooms and then take a simple tour of the temple. We got to go to the bridal room, and it was gorgeous! Definitely worth spending our P-Day cleaning in the temple. The funny thing was on the way back, at the intersection outside of the MTC, there were some protesters. It was dang funny! And it was so sad! They were saying such true words, but they lacked some very key parts of the gospel! They don't understand the Atonement! I pray that I will be able to help the people in North Carolina to understand what the Atonement is, and how amazing it is, and HOW we can use it.

This week was a great week. Probably one of the greatest highlights for me was seeing Dallin Hatch at the piano playing his own hymn medley in front of the whole MTC. That song truly is a beautiful song. It makes me so happy to be here with him and sharing the gospel along side members of our own ward.

Another random highlight is that I found out that Elder Padilla and I are related!!!! It's not very close...but who cares! And it's through the Hatches line! So yeah, go back six generations to Hezekiah Hatch and that's our great....grandpa! We're through different wives, but same Hezekiah.

Another random thing...We had a devotional with L. Lionel Kendrick which was awesome! He so happens to be the father of President Kendrick in Carlsbad! :D He spoke with such power, and was an answer to my prayers, and to several in our district.

I don't know quite what else to say, but to bear my testimony and to share advice from the few experiences I have had here in the MTC.
Don't ever doubt what you know. Don't ever doubt something you believe. Don't ever doubt that you can some day believe. I know that this gospel is true. It truly brings such pure joy into our lives. I am so thankful for the time that I have had here in the MTC to prepare myself to help others know these same truths. I am so thankful that I have been able to take the time here to ponder my testimony and what I know and believe. I have been molded already by the will of the lord. Though, he needs a different sculpture every day from us, even if it's a sculpture of a missionary every time. It is our job to let him change us. So I'm not done being molded, at all. My time here at the MTC has been completely different than what I thought it would be like. The difficulties completely different than I ever imagined possible. But they are exactly what my companion and I have needed.
I love this gospel and I love the Lord. Make it a goal to spend time to specifically think about Jesus every day. I promise that everything in your day will make sense, and your days will go so much better.

Next time I write you all I will be in the field! Thanks so much for all the support you give me!

Les quiero mucho!
Elder Johnson

- - -
Mass exodus from the Marriot. You'll never see so many missionaries. Looks exactly like the exodus from Egypt.


My flower in the window from mom! I love it!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment