Monday, October 14, 2013

Cruz, the Cruze

Well one of the great highlights of this week, is that we got a full time car!!!! :D We called her Cruz, the Chevy Cruze. Oh boy have we been enjoying that. Until now we have been sharing a car with the other Spanish elders to be able to cover the whole Apex stake. We made ends meet, but generally ended up staying pretty close to home to proselyte. Already with this huge blessing we have been able to find great potential in Garner and in Fuquay-Varina. It is a material thing, but I am so grateful for it. I am so grateful for the resources that we have been given in our world today to be able to hasten the work.

Well as for the true highlights of this week, it was a good week. We have been able to make some good progress with our investigators to be able to help them to repent and to actually progress. The hard part is that one is in Mexico right now, and the other is in Virginia. But! We have been very blessed this week to find some new investigators with good potential. The work is always happening somewhere. We truly just need to find where to get on the wave to be most effective. Obviously, that is with the members. We have been seeing such success as we have continuously tried to work with the members better. One potential that we have is named Erika. She is a friend of a member that has actually come to church twice now. For some reason it wasn't until now that we have actually been able to set up an appointment with her. We already have a super great trust with her and we haven't even taught her! That I believe is attributed to the service that we have been able to give as the member asked for it. The day of transfers Sister Damares (Erika's Friend) called us to ask for help with some court papers. We were gone so we sent the other Spanish elders over. They helped for 2 hrs! It turns out that it was forms for Erika's brother Vlas! They trust us so much for the simple service we were able to provide. She seems super elect and we can't wait to teach her today!

The last thing I wanted to say in this letter is how much I love the members here in the Cary Spanish branch. We had a very sad experience just yesterday after church. We were asked yesterday to help out a brother in the church move out of his home, to prepare to move back to Acapulco. We moved him out in front of his wife and daughter. There have been struggles for a very long time, but it is super sad to see him go. He said that he is moving back forever. I was heartbroken. He has only recently come back to church after having a change in work schedule, and he immediately asked if he could teach gospel principles! What a character he was! We will miss him and his classes so much!

Now not to leave on a low note, I just want to reemphasize that I love the people here. I love people. Every single person is a son or daughter of God. The scriptures are true. "And if it so be that you should labor all your days in crying repentance unto this people, and bring, save it be one soul unto me, how great shall be your joy with him in the kingdom of my Father! And now, if your joy will be great with one soul that you have brought unto me into the kingdom of my Father, how great will be your joy if you should bring many souls unto me!" (D&C 18:15-16) I already feel that joy for these people, and I am so excited for when we can rejoice together on the other side as well!

I love you all so much! I love you even if I haven't met you! (Most definitely including new/future family members! :D)

Have a fabulous week and enjoy the weather! :)
Elder Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment