Monday, October 28, 2013

Elderes Zwick y Pino

Well this last week was quite the week. Well I guess there wasn't a whole lot that actually happened, but it was still huge! That probably has to do with the fact that we had a mission wide meeting with two general authorities! What a sight and feeling it was to have every single missionary in our mission in one place. I have never felt anything like it before. The meeting was absolutely amazing! Sadly it was about 45 minutes shorter than expected because of plane delays and the general authorities were late. We were so excited to hear from them though. And Marci, I would definitely agree that the best mission presidents feel like you are actually learning and interacting with Christ himself. I would say the same for President and Sister Bernhisel. It is amazing to hear such inspired goals and focuses from them. They are truly inspired.

The work here continues to grow as well. Our teaching pool is young and fresh, and beginning to show fruits. One investigator named Erika has a baptismal date for the 16th, and she is awesome! We honestly haven't taught her a lot yet, but there is such a strong foundation of trust between us. We are trying super hard to make sure she is ready by the 16th so Elder Sullivan can be here for her baptism. After 5 transfers here in Cary, he'll finally be leaving. I truly hope that I can stay here as long as he has as well, because this area is so prepared. The members are amazing! And there are so many good people here. I have no doubt that before my mission is through our branch can turn into a ward.
If you could pray for anyone this week though, I would ask that you pray for Gricelda and Mia. We love them a ton. We have done what we can, and are trying so hard to see what we actually need to do to truly help them.

I love the people here. I love the work. I love my companion. I love my area. I love the fact that I am not perfect and that I get to keep learning, though that is definitely hard and I may not think that in my head at times. I know that the gospel is a gospel that teaches us to be disciples. It teaches us to love everyone!

I love you all so much! I am sooo excited for you Mike and Lindy! Andre, you may have to find a different nickname for me...haha. I am so happy to be a part of our wonderful family! Last night we ate with a few families and six missionaries, and there were 17 people there. I couldn't help but think of our 20+ family gatherings :) Have a fabulous week! :)

Elder Johnson


Gorgeous leaves and butterflies are appearing now.
 

 
 
This was the gorgeous morning drive to Fayetteville for the conference.

No comments:

Post a Comment