Monday, April 7, 2014

¡Conferencia!

What a conference! I truly have to say that the most amazing part of conference this year was that Alicia, Sonya, and Cynthia came!!! That was probably the biggest step that they could have taken in these days! Ah how good that felt. I was standing anxiously at the door of the chapel waiting for them haha. The first two sessions I watched in Spanish, and I could understand about 85% of it! It was great! But boy does Elder Holland use some crazy hard words. I am excited to come back to them all in the upcoming six months.
Before I forget I wanted to do something with yall. I am sooo grateful for all of the letters that I receive from yall and whether you have written me, or you just read my blog, I would love to implement what was said in conference. If you can please send me what you are learning in your scripture study and your study of Preach My Gospel! :D I may be a full time missionary, but I have to work with members just like all yall! Feel free to share what you learn through email, posting on facebook, and commenting on my blog beblessedandhappy.blogspot.com.

Thank you so much for all the support! The work moves forward, and I am so grateful for the opportunity we have each day to stand up boldly as representatives of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. I love the Lord! This is his church! People may say that religion doesn't matter, but I testify that the lord has clearly stated otherwise!

Thank you to everyone who sent me something for my birthday! I got the packages at a meeting so I just got it this last week. I hope to be able to respond in good timing to each one of you!

Probably one of the key things that I learned this conference is the importance of the family. I sadly didn't bring my notes with me today, but I'll bring them from now on haha. But I remember someone saying to us to not forget the experiences that we have in the Temple. Those experiences are so sacred and so key to understanding the joy of the gospel. I know that I can have an eternal family! :D
The part that really hit me though was that our family does not mean grandparents, dad and mom, siblings, kids, grandkids. We were invited to learn the conversion of our parents, grandparents, and even our ancestors. Hold true to the faith that our [Family] has cherished. We are a covenant people! If we are bound by the Abrahamic covenant, then our family ties to our ancestors should be just as strong.

I'm running out of time to respond to yall haha, so have a great week and love life and be grateful for it! :D

Les Quiero!

Élder Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment