Monday, October 27, 2014

La vida!

Missionary work is la vida! It is sooo great! So for all yall that know me, I love to do service. So this is just about one of my favorite times of the year. We have been doing sooo much service! One day this week we had a service project lined up with a less active which fell through. We had an exchange with one of the priests and we had already gotten together to go to the project. So, we started thinking of who we could visit or who we could go serve. We scanned the branch roster and called some people. It was a blast! We went around town serving our branch! I cannot tell you how happy the two sisters that we served were to have us show up to offer our services. It was such a great feeling! We are planning on doing what we call Service Tracting this week. We're going to go out in our service clothes and knock doors offering service for any project that they are working on! The people here in Wallace are super religious, and there are about 20 churches in a 5 square mile area. I wouldn't doubt it if there are more! So they are all comfortable with where they are at for the most part. This is our brilliant plan to overcome it! Serve!
 
This week we were not able to teach many of our investigators. Things are going well, but slow. We are working to do better at meeting more often with them. Our miles make it difficult, but we make ends meet. :) We were able to go do service for Bill Buckley again this week, and set up an appointment to teach him the plan of salvation! We actually taught him a lesson! It was great! This 92 year old likes to talk, so we only talked about one principle, but I have so much more faith and hope that we can actually teach him and get him to actually want to learn about what we teach!
 
This week as a district leader I have been learning a lot! I am so grateful for the opportunities that I have to study, pray, meditate, and counsel with the Lord about our district. I would have to say that is what I have learned the most about. We can counsel so much more with the lord if we truly include him in our trials and circumstances. I had a great experience this week where there was a slightly disobedient thing happening that needed to be corrected, and I was praying about how to correct it. As I prayed I realized that I needed to study it out in my mind, using the examples that the Lord has given me (president Bernhisel) and come up with how I feel it should be done. I felt so guided about what to do, and the Spirit confirmed the action through prayer and reporting to the Lord on what I had decided. The Lord trusts us so much! Holy Cow! 
Doctrine and Covenants 11:12-14
 
"And now, verily, verily, I say unto thee, put your trust in that Spirit which leadeth to do good—yea, to do justly, to walk humbly, to judge righteously; and this is my Spirit.Verily, verily, I say unto you, I will impart unto you of my Spirit, which shall enlighten your mind, which shall fill your soul with joy;
And then shall ye know, or by this shall you know, all things whatsoever you desire of me, which are pertaining unto things of righteousness, in faith believing in me that you shall receive."

I love y'all a lot! Thank you so much for your prayers and support! You are a vital part of who I am! :)

Élder Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment